Self-Care during tough times
With all the ongoing current world events, we know that our mental health has really gone through the highs and lows lately. So we want to encourage you to focus on loving yourselves and enjoying your uniqueness! Embrace who you are and where you currently are.
Here are some ways you can take care of yourself right now.
- Tell yourself positive things. Go ahead and try these..
I love myself
I am smart
I am beautiful
I am strong
I am valuable
I deserve to be happy
I am worthy
I am brave
I am kind
I can do this
I am doing my best
I never give up
I am not alone
These are a great start, but feel free to be creative and create some of your own!
2. Journaling. Writing in a journal, notebook or diary is a great way to let out your feelings and express yourself. I mean, sometimes we just don't know what to say or how to say it, but writing it helps to get it off our chests, out of our minds and onto paper.
3. Listen to your favourite playlist. It's no secret that music can help calm you down and lift your mood. So when you get the blues, play the tunes!
4. Call a friend. Whether it's a FaceTime call, text, or a voice note sometimes all we need is some girl talk!
5. Read a book. Have a book that's been sitting around in your room? That you keep putting off to read? Well here's your chance or one of your favourite books
6. Watch your favourite show. For us, we enjoy watching reruns of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on Netflix. It's a for sure mood of laughter. So whatever show helps to take your mind off things, go for it!
7. Go outside. There's nothing like enjoying fresh air on a warm summer day, going for a walk in the park with your friends or family or tanning in the sun while sitting in your backyard - just don't forget your SPF of course :)
8. Learn a new skill or a new language. With all this free time, why not learn something new?! There are tons of tutorials on Youtube so start there!
9. Bake. Jump on the banana bread trend or make pancake cereal! There are so many videos on TikTok to show you how!
10. Do nothing - Sometimes you just don't feel like doing anything and that's okay. Just be sure not to stay here for too long and seek help from a parent or guardian if you start feeling too down.
Sending much love and positivity your way!